1. Register application in Azure AD¶
To access the Dataverse tables that you will import in step 2, you will first need to register an application an Azure AD.
- Open Azure cloud shell at shell.azure.com
This guide assumes the use of a PowerShell environment.
- Clone the git repository to Azure Cloud Shell
git clone https://github.com/ProvisionGenie/ProvisionGenie.git
- Change the working directory to the
- Run the script
Note that this will create the AAD App Registration in the AAD tenant for current subscription with the name
ProvisionGenieApp. If you wish to target another subscription or provide a custom name then optional parameters are available
./Create-AadAppRegistration.ps1 -SubscriptionId "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" -AadAppName MyCustomAadAppName
Also you will need the URL of your Microsoft 365 tenant. You can obtain this value like this:
- Open https://office.com
- Sign into the tenant you want to deploy ProvisionGenie in
- Select the SharePoint icon
- From the URL that should look like this
https://<your-tenant-name-here>.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx?take this part:
https://<your-tenant-name-here>.sharepoint.comand save it somewhere, you will need it later.
Next step is to obtain your Azure tenant id from the Azure portal - save it somewhere, you will need it later.